This is a 0.9 hectare site in central Sherborne, opened in 1906 for general public use.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park for general public use.
Detailed DescriptionThis is an important public space linked to a specific historic moment in a town with limited public parks. The current awareness of public parks raises the profile of this site.
- Description: The bandstand was refurbished in 1996.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park for general public use.
This two acre garden in central Shrborne was designed in 1905 by F.W. Mayer for Veitch and Son of Exeter. The land was donated by Colonel F. Wingfield Digby in memory of his father. The money raised at the Mother of All Pageants contributed towards the landscaping.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)