Mere New Hall has a parkland which once included formal gardens designed by Thomas Hayton Mawson. Only portions of the terrace walls remain and the site is currently a golf course.
The Hall and parkland were first created in 1834. In the 1930s the site became a Golf Course.
- Great House (featured building)
- Description: A red brick Elizabethan style house built to the designs of Thomas Johnson of Lichfield.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
The history of Mere New Hall is linked with that of Mere Old Hall in Cheshire because they were owned by the same family, the Brooke's.
Mere New Hall was built in 1834 after the Old Hall became too small and old fashioned. In 1914 the family moved back to Old Hall however because New Hall had become too big.
In the mid 1930s the house and grounds became the Mere Golf and Country Club.
Part of the main block of the house was destroyed by fire in 1975.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
- Associated People