The Manor House, Glinton 6285

Glinton, England

Brief Description

Features of the Manor House include a low yew hedge, a lawn, topiary and a walled garden.

History

The Manor House was created in the mid-17th century as a private residence.

Detailed Description

The west garden within a low yew hedge contains both conifers and deciduous trees. In the centre of the lawn is a topiary Irish yew and other yew topiary at the edge. There is a walled garden to the south and east of the house with cross and perimeter paths and some specimen trees. To the north is a large range of farm buildings also with curved gables.
Features
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Hedge
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Path
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Topiary
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Glinton
History

Detailed History

Situated east of the village church this ashlared house was built in 1630-40, probably for the Wildebore family. The house has fine curved gables on the west front.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust