Llanblethian, Hill House 4313

Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Pgds 20081017 131533 Image144

Brief Description

The terraced gardens, on a steep site, partly date from over a hundred years ago. The site was sub-divided into smaller areas for decorative use, orchards and kitchen garden.

Features
  • Planting
  • Description: Rock garden.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pergola
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Orchard, Kitchen Garden
History

Detailed History

Hill House was adjacent to Llanblethian Cottage. The terraced gardens, on a steep site, partly date from over a hundred years ago. The site was sub-divided into smaller areas for decorative use, orchards and kitchen garden. The layout may date to the tenure of the Morgan family and then their niece Ann Thomas. The Reverend Jonathan Morgan owned the house from 1795. Alan Gibbs lived in the house in the 1940s, and designed the rock garden and pergola.