Features of Lampton Park include football pitches, athletics, tennis courts and crazy golf.
Lampton Park was laid out on agricultural land purchased by Heston & Isleworth UDC in 1925, and eventually opened in 1930. It was laid out by the Park Superintendent, with a large and elaborate rose garden as its main feature. Sports facilities for bowling, putting and tennis were provided as well as for cricket, hockey and rugby. Lampton Park was one of the parks used for the Charter Celebrations in October 1932 when the UDC became a Borough Council. In 1951 a Sarsen Stone was set up in the park, which had been unearthed in 1926 from a pit of the Hounslow Sand and Gravel Co.'s works at Heston.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Hounslow Central (Piccadilly). Bus: 120, H20
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust