Ladyland 4001

Kilbirnie, Scotland

Brief Description

Ladyland is situated on sloping ground on the west bank of the Maich Water. The estate was noted in the mid-19th century for its fine old trees and new plantations of mixed deciduous and coniferous trees.

History

The original tower house at Ladyland was built in the 16th century. The estate had long associations with the Cochran-Patrick family. The first enclosure and planting had taken place by the mid-18th century and planting continued into the 19th. A new house was built in about 1820.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Sundial
Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Kilbirnie North
History

Period

  • 18th Century
Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Click Here
References

References