Kingscote Park 4211

Nr Tetbury, England, Gloucestershire, Cotswold

Brief Description

The Manor of Kingscote has been in the ownership of the Kingscote family for over 800 years since the 12th century. The manor house was demolished in 1951 and the park lands were sold to Kingscote Grange. The original walled kitchen garden is now a small housing estate. The original stable block (built 1862) still exists.

History

The Manor of Kingscote was given by William 1 to Roger de Berkeley. In the 12th century he gave it to Nigel FitzArthur, and it remained in that family for over 800 years

Features
  • Stable Block
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Structure
Access & Directions

Directions

From Tetbury take the A4135 towards Dursley. After crossing the A46 Kingscote lies on the Right Hand side after 1.5 miles.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Kingscote
References

References

Contributors

  • Peter Lindesay

    1

  • Gloucestershire Gardens & Landscape Trust

  • Kathleen Lindesay

    1