A hedged ornamental rose garden was laid out near the Queens Road entrance at the top of the park, with tennis courts nearby and a small pavilion, later used as a café. The park opens out into a grassed area and has a good collection of trees, many planted when the park was originally laid out, including one of the largest Acer palmatum in London. Recent tree planting includes a Children's Millennium Wood in 2000.
Hendon Park was opened in 1903 by Hendon Rural District Council on a hilly site that was once part of a medieval estate.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern); Brent Cross (Northern). Bus: 113, 143, 186, 643, 797.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust