The war memorial now stands within a landscaped area that is effectively a traffic island on Watford Way near the junction with The Burroughs. The Memorial is set within cruciform paving with lawn either side.
Hendon War Memorial was unveiled on 23 April 1922 and was originally located near St Joseph's Convent. In 1923 Watford Way was built and Hendon Central station opened, as the area was increasingly developed. The War Memorial was moved to its current location in 1962 when the road was widened.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern).
London Parks and Gardens Trust