London House has an enclosed quadrangle entered through wrought-iron gates. The central garden is set to lawn with mixed beds on the perimeter and three specimen trees including a large mulberry. A sundial in the garden was unveiled by HRH The Queen on 10 November 2006 to mark the 75th anniversary of the college.
Frederick Goodenough founded The Dominion Students' Hall Trust in 1931 to provide a collegiate home for male postgraduate students from overseas, with a sister Trust for female graduates established post WWII. London House was completed in 1933, a neo-Georgian building designed by Sir Herbert Baker. The northern and western ranges were completed to a simplified design after Baker's death in 1944.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open occasionally. There are college tours: Fridays at 1pm and first Sat of month at 11am (contact: email@example.com)
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open occasionally. There are college tours: Fridays at 1pm and first Sat of month at 11am (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
DirectionsTube: Russell Square (Piccadilly), King's Cross St Pancras (Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan, Northern). Bus: 17, 45, 46; 19, 38, 55, 243
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust