Elkington Grange used to occupy the site of the present Elkington Farm.
Elkington Grange was held by Pipewell Abbey until the Dissolution in 1539. At that time the Grange and eight large pastures were sold to various lay landowners. By 1547 there were 4,000 sheep grazing in the parish. There may have been a park associated with the Grange as there is a 1731 reference to the site as parkland.
- Medieval (1066-1540)