By the 1990s this was a rather overgrown, railed site containing up to 12 - 16 tombstones. The British School then sold the site to a developer whose initial plan to build bungalows here was refused permission by Richmond Council. However, the burial ground is practically unrecognisable as such, having been landscaped by new owners into a small garden with grass, shrub beds and gravel path, with chain link fencing to the back gardens of houses to the west.
Hidden away at the end of a cul de sac is the remains of the dissenters' burial ground of the East Sheen Congregational Church. An independent chapel was first built on Sheen Lane in 1716 and later enlarged. It was attached to the British Schools in South Worple Way, at the back of which was a small piece of ground used as a burial ground by the church.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
London Parks and Gardens Trust