Craigie House (also known as Craigy House, Cragie)4138

Ayr, Scotland

Brief Description

Part of the 18th-century designed landscape associated with Craigie House has been developed as a caravan park and a college. Large open areas remain as a public estate park with wooded riverside walks along the River Ayr, formal garden areas and recreational facilities.

History

The estate at Craigie was bought from the Wallace family in about 1782 by William Campbell. He held it until it was purchased by Ayr Town Council in 1940. The house was requisitioned during World War 2, then became part of a teaching college before conversion to a management training centre in the late-20th century.

Visitor Facilities

Part of the site is open to the public as a park. The house is private.
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The house was refurbished in 1997 and is now a management training centre.
  • Earliest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Part of the site is open to the public as a park. The house is private.
Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Ayr Craigie
History

Period

  • 18th Century
Associated People

Just one person associated to Craigie House

Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

  • South Ayrshire Council

    County Buildings, Wellington Square, Ayr, KA7 1DR
References

References