Colwall Chase and Park 4720

Colwall, Herefordshire, England

Brief Description

The remains of a mediaeval deer park and chase of the Bishops of Hereford.

History

The park is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. The chase was reduced in size in 1460, and passed to the Crown in 1563.

Access & Directions

Directions

Five miles south-west of Great Malvern via the B4218 and a minor road.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Colwall
History

Period

  • Medieval (1066-1540)
References