Cleeve Hill is an 18th-century park and pleasure grounds created by Thomas Wright for Charles Bragge around 1750. It is on the site of an earlier house and grounds (depicted by Kip). The mansion house (built in 1717) was demolished in 1920, but some outbuildings remain. This record was updated in May 2010 and checked with South Gloucestershire Historic Records Officer in June 2010.
A park and pleasure grounds were created by Thomas Wright for Charles Bragge around the 1750s on the site of an earlier house and grounds (depited by Kip). The bones of the Wright design still exist, consisting chiefly of the serpentine approach. Some planting is still discernible among the suburban development.
The Palladian mansion of 1717 was demolished in 1920. Still surviving are the stable block, the octagonal riding school, the orangery and one lodge (listed buildings grade II). These are attributed to Thomas Wright.
- Mansion House (featured building)
- Description: Palladian mansion demolished in 1920.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Garden Building
- Description: Octagonal riding school.
- Associated People