Catherine Place 733

England

Brief Description

Catherine Place is a 19th century communal garden built in 1776 to the design of John Wood the younger. The garden is not open to the public but can easily be seen from the road.

History

Catherine Place was completed in 1776 to the design of John Wood the younger. The planting in the central garden area appears to be much later than this.

Detailed Description

The garden of Catherine Place is now divided into two rectangular sections, both enclosed by wire fencing. Both sections are informally planted with small trees and shrubs.

The central garden area was described as slightly neglected at the time of the last survey (1984).

History

Detailed History

Catherine Place was completed in 1776 to the design of John Wood the younger. The planting in the central garden area appears to be much later than this.

Period

  • Late 18th Century
  • 18th Century
Associated People

Just one person associated to Catherine Place

References

References

Contributors

  • E.T.Thacker

    1

  • Avon Gardens Trust