Brunswick Park has been recently refurbished, and includes features such as a playground and tennis courts.
Development of meadowland here took place from 1847, when Brunswick Square was laid out with an area of private communal garden in the centre. It was named after King George IV's marriage to Caroline, daughter of the Duke of Brunswick. In 1901 Camberwell Borough Council purchased the garden, then divided by a roadway, for a public park, which opened in 1907. Tennis courts and a playground were opened in 1937, and a drinking fountain was donated. The park was refurbished by LB Southwark in 1997-99.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Oval (Northern) then bus. Rail: Denmark Hill/Loughborough Junction then bus (+ walk). Bus: 12, 36, 171, 345, 35, 40, 42, 45, 68, 176, 468, 484.
- Early 20th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here