The site has a late-17th-century farmhouse incorporating parts of the derelict hall of the 1580s. There were 18th- and late-19th-century additions. Evidence of garden layout remains, including terracing and a forecourt.
Much interest lies in the fact that James Bateman bought the property in 1853 to create a scenic link from Biddulph Grange through a wood and under a bridge.
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust