Bellaport Hall 4620

Norton in Hales, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Bellaport Hall has been demolished. Bellaport Home Farm and the relict parkland have survived.

History

During the late-19th century Bellaport Hall stood within a landscaped park. The hall replaced Bellaport Old Hall.

Features
Gate Lodge, Drive
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Norton in Hales
History

Detailed History

Bellaport Hall replaced Bellaport Old Hall. The hall was a brick building in the Elizabethan style. In 1851 it was the occasional residence of the lord of the manor, the Reverend Hugh Ker Cokburne (Bagshaw, 1851: 300). During the late-19th century the hall stood within a park and was approached via a wooded drive with a lodge. Bellaport Dairy Farm lay immediately north of the hall and has survived. The hall was demolished during the 20th century.

References

References