A modest parkland of the late 18th century that survived the replacement of its contemporary house in the late 19th century. The parkland was extended east in the last quarter of the 19th century. The pleasure grounds moved and changed with the replacement house and with the fashions of the day. The demolition of the Victorian house in 1959 lead to a degrading of the gardens and the built features, but remnants of the latter remain. The lodge, stable structures and the kitchen garden remain from the period before 1872. The wider parkland setting has lost something of its character although it remains open.
The house and grounds of 1783 replaced earlier dwellings on sites to the south alongside the road. A replacement house of about 1870 had associated changes to the gardens and landscaped surrounds. This house was demolished in 1959 and the site neglected thereafter.
- Late 18th Century
- 18th Century