Windsor Gardens 3534

Penarth, Wales

Brief Description

Windsor Gardens, Penarth is a well-preserved late-Victorian public park. It was laid out not only for the benefit of the general public but also of the villas that were built adjoining it, all of which originally had private access to the gardens. The park is in a magnificent position on the cliff top and has remained substantially unaltered.

History

The northern half of the park was completed in 1880, and the southern half in 1885.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal park for general public use.
Features
  • Bandstand
  • Description: Octagonal bandstand.
  • Boundary Fence
  • Description: Iron fence, original to the park.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal park for general public use.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Penarth
Associated People

Just one person associated to Windsor Gardens

Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Owners

  • The Vale of Glamorgan Council

    Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU
References

References