White Hill 6351

Stockport, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

Brief Description

White Hill was bounded by the London and North Eastern Railway (Stalybridge and Stockport Branch) to the east. Stockport Road lay to the south, and fields to the north. The house was set in parkland approached by long drive from Ash Bridge. There were formal drives in the parkland and curved drives around house. There was some boundary planting following field boundaries. By 1895 only one drive survived. Parts of the site survive as allotments and grounds to works.

Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Reddish South
References

References

Contributors

  • Cheshire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit