The gardens surround a house which was built in 1807. Features include beeboles, a ha-ha, summer house, walled garden and drive.
The house, built in 1807, has rainwater heads marked 'J & RW 1807' and has the same inscription over the lintel of the coach house block.
- House (featured building)
- Description: The house, built in 1807, has rainwater heads marked `J & RW 1807?.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Description: The terrace in front of the house, now tarmac, was originally enclosed by iron railings.
- Description: The main part of the garden to the right hand side of the house faces south and has walls on its other three sides. The upper wall is about four metres high.
- Bee Bole
- Description: To the right of the summer house are eight bee boles set in two tiers.
- Garden Building
- Description: To the left of the house is a former coach house, known as the barn, with stone steps to the first floor.
- Description: The first edition 6 inch Ordnance Survey map shows a semi-circular drive but the right hand part is now grassed over.
Yorkshire Gardens Trust