This garden is in the centre of York, adjacent to the railway station. It features a substantial war memorial of Portland stone designed by Edwin Lutyens. Broad steps at the base provide a space for the laying of wreaths. The garden is mainly laid to lawn, with mature trees and wrought iron gates.
The garden was opened on June 24th, 1925, originally commemorating the fallen of World War 1. It now forms a memorial to both World Wars and the Korean War.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)