Upper Grosvenor Garden was re-landscaped and opened to the public for the first time in 2000. It has a central lawn, perimeter path and a few mature planes, with a bronze sculpture of a lioness hunting an antelope in the centre of a bed within the lawn. The Rifle Brigade Monument (1924/5) by John Tweed is on the north-eastern corner.
- Visitor Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe garden is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Victoria. Tube: Victoria (Victoria, District, Circle)
- Conservation Area
- Reference: Grosvenor Gardens
Upper and Lower Grosvenor Gardens are two small triangular gardens laid out to complement Thomas Cundy's French Renaissance style houses, the design for which was exhibited at the RA in 1864. The Upper Garden is simpler but retains 3 pairs of mid-C19th gate piers and rich wrought gates with the Grosvenor monogram.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust