Treberfydd 3294

Brecon, Wales

Brief Description

The grounds at Treberfydd were designed by William A. Nesfield in the mid-19th century, when the 18th-century house was rebuilt. Nesfield's original plan survives and the layout of the garden is largely unchanged. Some of his planting also survives. There is a kitchen garden and a small park. The house and gardens are open for guided tours for a few weeks only in the summer.

History

Roebert Raikes bought Treberfydd in 1848 in order to set up a centre for Tractarian worship. The house is still in the Raikes family today. A small part of the house is let out on a self-catering basis.

Visitor Facilities

The house and gardens are open during August only. Please see: http://www.treberfydd.com/id7.html
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Terrace
  • Description: Walled terrace and steps in garden
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The house and gardens are open during August only. Please see: http://www.treberfydd.com/id7.html
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Llangors
History

Period

  • Mid 19th Century
Associated People
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

References

References