Tavistock New Cemetery 4380

Tavistock, England, Devon, West Devon

Brief Description

The cemetery has views over Dartmoor, with mature trees and shrubs. The chapel was designed by Henry Clutton.

History

The cemetery was opened in 1882.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal space for general public use. Please see: http://www.tavistock.gov.uk/page/new_cemetary
Features
  • Chapel (featured building)
  • Description: The chapel is built of Dartmoor granite. The internal walls are made of Corsham Down sandstone.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal space for general public use. Please see: http://www.tavistock.gov.uk/page/new_cemetary
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Tavistock
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
Associated People
References

References