Clayton Hall is now a school and playing fields. Remaining features include an Italianate parterre at the south front of the house. There are small grounds, well planted at the margins, with a lodge and farm buildings to the south. Numerous school buildings now flank the drive.
The hall was built after 1837. Landscaped grounds were laid out, including a tennis court, lawn, walks, ponds and an orchard. The hall remained a family home until it was taken over for military use in 1939. The site was opened as Clayton Hall Grammar School for Girls in 1948.
- House (featured building)
- Description: The house is probably Georgian with Italianate contributions of the 1840s.
- Earliest Date:
- Description: Italianate parterre at the south front of the house.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Stafforshire Gardens and Parks Trust