Starling Leeze Recreation Ground features a war memorial comprising a gray granite column topped by a figure of Victory in bronze. The names of those who gave their lives in both World Wars are inscribed upon the plinth supporting the column.
The site was bought after World War 1 using funds raised by public subscription to commemorate those who fell in World War 1. Starling Leeze was the name of the adjacent house, from which the land was purchased. The war memorial was designed by J.L. Watts of Colchester.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)