A small area of the church garden is publicly accessible along Southwell Street with gravel, flower beds and a number of trees. A stone seat was installed here in memory of Susan Sadleir (d.1991). A further area of garden to the south of the church is not publicly accessible, where a Church Room has been built and the trees here have Tree Preservation Orders.
St Stephen's Church was built in 1867 when new parishes were created in the large parish of Kensington to serve the growing population, as house development accelerated.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is partially open, with access to the area adjoining Southwell Gardens unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is partially open, with access to the area adjoining Southwell Gardens unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Gloucester Road (Piccadilly, Circle, District). Bus: 49, 74
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Church of England
London Parks and Gardens Trust