The churchyard, closed to burial, was laid out as a public garden under the auspices of the Kyrle Society in 1883/84 and is surrounded by iron railings with hedging and has a number of mature plane trees.
St Peter's Church, built in 1840-41 and designed by Lewis Vulliamy, was originally the centre of a square of terraced houses, now surrounded by modern flats. The church building was considerably refurbished from 1905 onwards under the then vicar Revd W H Maynard.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Bethnal Green (Central) then walk.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
- Associated People
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust