The setting of the church and its walled churchyard remains rural. In World War 1 an extension to the churchyard was created as the Australian Military or ANZAC Cemetery and since 1921 an annual ceremony has been held here on 25 April.
Harefield's parish church of St Mary has remnants of the medieval building, although it was altered in 1768 and restored in 1841. It contains numerous fine memorials, such as those to the Newdigate family who held the Manor of Harefield from the 14th century. The old manor house used to stand near the church but was demolished in 1814.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Uxbridge (Piccadilly, Metropolitan). Bus: 331, U9.
- 12th Century
- Medieval (1066-1540)
London Parks and Gardens Trust