Several naturalistic features in gritstone were made along Porter Brook, and in 1887 a Jubilee Monument was added. An Arts and Crafts style pavilion and lodge were built in 1891.
The park was laid out by William Goldring in 1885 when Endcliffe Wood was purchased. There were extensions to the park in 1888 and 1929.
Visitor FacilitiesOpen daily from dawn to dusk.
There is a detailed description of this site, taken from the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest, in the master record entitled Porter Valley Parks.
- Description: Jubilee Monument
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Description: Jubilee obelisk.
- Description: Monument to Queen Victoria.
- Gate Lodge
- Description: Hunters Bar lodge.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpen daily from dawn to dusk.
- Associated People