Plas-yn-Rhiw 2637

Aberdaron, Wales

Brief Description

The small enclosed garden at Plas-yn-Rhiw, with its box hedges, copious planting, grass paths and woodland walks, is the setting for a 17th-century house with superb views over Porth Neigwl. The house and gardens were restored in the mid-20th century.

History

The three Keating sisters, Eileen, Lorna and Honora, bought Plas-yn-Rhiw in 1938 and rescued the house and garden from neglect. They bought land to increase the estate and donated the property to the National Trust. The garden has been run on organic lines since the Keating sisters took up residence.

Visitor Facilities

The site is open Thursdays to Sundays between March and Novemer, with additional days between May and October. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw/opening-times/ More information
Features
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Description: Plas-yn-Rhiw is a 16th-century manor house with 18th- and 19th- century additions, possibly round an earlier core.
Garden Terrace
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The site is open Thursdays to Sundays between March and Novemer, with additional days between May and October. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw/opening-times/

Directions

For directions, see http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-yn-rhiw/how-to-get-here/
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Aberdaron
Associated People
Contact

Telephone

0844 800 1895

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • The National Trust

    Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2NA
References

References