Glynllifon 1463

Llandwrog, Wales

Brief Description

Glynllifon is an extensive 18th- and 19th-century park and pleasure ground with a complete enclosing wall, associated with a mid-19th-century country house. There are many intricate water features in the park and pleasure grounds including fountains, a cascade and grottoes. The park is home to several ornamental buildings, and there are three kitchen gardens, one of which is still in use. The grounds are now a country park.

Visitor Facilities

The gardens are open daily from 9 am until 5 pm.
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The main rebuilding of the house was from 1836 to 1848.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Building
  • Description: The stone-built Fort Williamsburg was defended by ditches and equipped with cannon.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Game Larder
  • Description: A circular stone building with a hole in the floor leading to a former ice house.
  • Mausoleum
  • Description: A circular stone building which was never completed and is now unused.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Boat House
  • Description: Children's boathouse.
Hermitage, Hermitage
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The gardens are open daily from 9 am until 5 pm.

Directions

Glynllifon is on the A499 Caernarfon to Pwllheli road. Follow the Brown Heritage Signs.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Llandwrog
History

Period

  • 18th Century
Contact
References

References