Plas Teg 2658

Pontblyddyn, Wales

Pgds 20080820 112002 Plasteg2

Brief Description

The remains of a 17th-century courtyard with a gazebo survive at Plas Teg. There are also the remains of a 19th-century shrubbery. The house has been recently restored.

History

The house was built in the early-17th century as a country seat for Sir John Trevor. After being sacked twice in the late-17th century it was rebuilt in the late-18th and early-19th centuries. The property was sold out of the family after World War 2 and went into a period of decline. It was bought in the late-20th century and restored.

Visitor Facilities

There are guided tours of the house on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. Group tours are also available at other times.
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The original house was built in 1610 by Sir John Trevor as a country seat for entertaining. It was rebuilt in the Tudorbethan style in 1823-24, but some original features such as the staircase remain intact.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: A lime avenue aligned on the north-east front of the house is shown on a late-18th century estate map. The current trees are a replanting.
Gazebo
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

There are guided tours of the house on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. Group tours are also available at other times.

Directions

Plas Teg is located on the A541 between Wrexham and Mold.
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

    References

    References