The Memorial was erected to comemorate the death of Jack Philips, the radio operator on the Titanic, a Godalming man. It was paid for by public subscription and designed by the local architect, Thackeray Turner, planting designed by Gertrude Jekyll. It takes the form of a brick and tile cloister and sits in the watermeadow near to the parish church.
The Phillips Memorial Cloister was created in 1913 to commemorate the bravery of Jack Phillips, radio operator on the RMS Titanic.
Visitor FacilitiesOpen all the time
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpen all the time
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
- Associated People