The park was developed with a bowling green, bandstand, rose garden and gate piers at the entrances. A war memorial was placed at the centre of an area of open grass to the south. The park was used for a time as the nursery for municipal planting throughout Banbury. Late-20th-century additions include a sensory garden, children's play area and aviary. The site, which covers three hectares, has been refurbished from 2005.
Land was given for a park in 1897, for Queen Victoria's Jubilee.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park for general public use.
Herbaceous Border, Bowling Green, Walk, Specimen Tree, Pond
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park for general public use.
DirectionsTo the rear of Horsefair, in Banbury town centre.