Peace Garden, Tankersley 8670

Barnsley, England, South Yorkshire

Brief Description

Tankersley Peace Garden features wrought iron entrance gates at the north and south sides, each with a commemorative plaque next to the entrance. There are also shrubs, trees and a path.

History

The site commemorates those men of the parish who gave their lives in World War 1 and 2. It was originally dedicated in 1948, and was re-dedicated in 2008.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Tankersley