The Moor was rebuilt in the 1820s to a Gothick design, with the adjoining fields formed into a landscape park with lodges, obelisks, a water tower and a kitchen garden. The house was demolished in 1952.
The Moor was rebuilt in a Gothick style from 1827-29 to the design of George Phillips Manners of Bath. The park was created at the same time.
Kitchen Garden, Gate Lodge, Obelisk
- Access & Directions
DirectionsOne mile north-east of Hay-on-Wye via the B4350.
The house was remodelled from an older house in 1827-1829 to the design of George Phillips Manners of Bath for F.R.B.S. Penoyre.
The park appears to have been laid out at the same time, including two lodges, three obelisks, a fishpond, a water tower and a kitchen garden.
The house was demolished in 1952. The park has lost most of its trees, but some features remain, including the kitchen garden.
- Associated People
Just one person associated to The Moor