The site was re-designed in 2007 and now features memorial gates, a pagoda a children's playground and herbaceous planting. There are nine trees planted in memory of nine individuals killed in a bombing raid in 1942.
This was previously the site of the Cow and Gate Dairies factory, which was destroyed by bombing on September 29th, 1942. The site was derelict until after 1960, when it was divided up and sold. A part of the site which remained was donated as a memorial site by Cow and Gate. The gardens were opened in 1969.