The 1920 Ordnance Survey map shows the two separate grounds divided by Reynolds Avenue but by 1939 the Avenue stopped at its junction with Dore Avenue and the two sides had been united, with a triangular area of gardens bounded by trees in the west, which still remains today. This now has a pergola feature with brick piers and numerous rose beds surrounded by a path system with seating, and a number of fine trees.
What is now Little Ilford Park was formerly two recreation grounds, Little Ilford Recreation Ground and Manor Park Recreation Ground. They were divided by Reynolds Avenue, which then ran up to Church Road. Land for Little Ilford Recreation Ground was purchased from J J Bethell in 1909 and that for Manor Park Recreation Ground was purchased from a Mr Watkins in 1912. Both were laid out as relief work under the Unemployed Workmen's Act of 1905.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Ilford. Bus: 25, 86, 147, 551.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust