Lainshaw (also known as Langshawover, Langshaw)4194

Stewarton, Scotland

Brief Description

The estate at Lainshaw lies to the north of the River Annick on the outskirts of Stewarton and contains areas of woodland with wildlife interest despite recent development. The house has been restored and converted into flats and an associated housing development occupies part of the former policies.

History

Lainshaw has a long history and was associated with two powerful Ayrshire families, the Mongomeries and then the Cunninghames. By the mid-18th century there was a designed landscape comprising plantations and enclosures with a vista aligned on the house. A century later further belts of planting embraced the new home farm and an extended landscape. In 1954 the house was bought by the Ayrshire County Council. After a period as a nursing home, it was abandoned in 1993.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The house was renovated in 2007.
History

Period

  • 18th Century
Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Click Here
References

References