Kilvrough (also known as Kilvrough Manor Outdoor Education Centre)1935

Gower, Wales

Brief Description

Kilvrough Manor is a well-preserved 1770s and 1820s park and garden, with some fine deciduous and coniferous trees. The park contains a folly tower. There are also formal and informal gardens and a kitchen garden.

History

The service end of the present house dates from around 1740, with additions in the later 18th century.

Features
  • Mansion House (featured building)
  • Description: This substantial mansion is in classical style with a crenellated roofline.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Planting
  • Description: The Italian garden.
Kitchen Garden, Drive
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Pennard
History

Period

  • Late 18th Century
  • 18th Century
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

  • Oxfordshire County Council

    County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND
References

References