Based on documentary references, there was a deerpark at Idsall in the medieval period, though it has not yet been identified in the present-day topography. Nonetheless, the chief (and residential) manor of Idsall presumably lay, like its post-medieval successors, within the southern part of Shifnal town, and the site of the park may be indicated by Park Street and Park House at the south-east end of Shifnal.
It is recorded that in 1369, Philip of Prees had a deer park at Idsall.
- Access & Directions
This deerpark (now lost), probably lay close to Park Street and Park House, in south-east Shifnal.
- Medieval (1066-1540)