The main attraction at Hodsock Priory is the display of snowdrops, and the gardens are open to the public for just one month a year to see them. Much of the rest of the estate is given over to agriculture.
The Hodsock Estate is first recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086. It was bought by the family of the present owners in 1765. The present house was rebuilt and extended twice in the 19th Century. Much of the present ornamental gardens date to the early 20th century, under Head Gardener Arthur Ford.
Visitor FacilitiesOpen from 31 January to 1 March for viewing the snowdrops. See http://www.hodsockpriory.com/snowdrops.php
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpen from 31 January to 1 March for viewing the snowdrops. See http://www.hodsockpriory.com/snowdrops.php
DirectionsAbout 2 miles South West of Blyth, off the A1.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)