The site has a late-19th-century house, previously a rectory. At one time, it was occupied by Lewis Palmer, breeder of agapanthus. There is evidence of his influence in the planting.
The site has many mature trees, a rose garden, pergola and lawns which slope away to the kitchen garden and extensive fruit cage. The lawns include a revolving summerhouse.
- Description: The lawns include a revolving summerhouse.
- House (featured building)
- Description: The large private residence used to be a Rectory until some time before or after World War 1.
- Latest Date:
- Headbourne Worthy
Headbourne Worthy Grange was once a rectory. The house then became a private residence in the early-20th-century.
The large private residence used to be a Rectory until some time before or after World War 1. It was then the home of Lady Strathconer, who was well-known for her gardening interest and co-operated with Hilliers in training their staff in the garden at the Grange. Lewis Palmer, Lady Strathconer's brother-in-law and a former vice-president of the Royal Horticultural Society, also lived there. He bred many plants, including the Headbourne Hybrid agapanthus.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
- Associated People
Hampshire Gardens Trust