Hams Hall 6667

Lea Marston, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, England

Brief Description

The Hams Hall estate, home of the Adderley family, may date back to the reign of Henry VIII. It was sold in 1911. The giant Hams Hall power station, built on the site in the 1920s, was demolished in recent years and replaced by industry, distribution and a Channel Tunnel freight terminal. The medieval parish church remains to the north of the site of the hall. There are nature reserves beside the River Tame.

Features

Style

  • English Landscape Garden
Avenue, Boat House, Plantation, Gate Lodge
Access & Directions

Directions

It is located off the A446 north of Curdworth. Take the Hams Hall turn and take the first left onto Hams Lane. At Lea Marston turn right, cross the railway bridge, bear left, park by the church. Walk straight on then left for Hams Hall Environmental Centre (01675 475939), which occupies the former walled kitchen garden of the estate. If you wish to speak to staff, phone to arrange a time outside of teaching periods.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Lea Marston
References

Contributors

  • Robin Stott