This sports ground, now in the ownership of the borough council, has a pavilion and oak memorial tablets.
The two sons of Sir Walter Green, and the six sons of Edward Lake, both Directors of Greene King, all served in World War 1 and all returned. This sports ground was gifted to the town by the company in gratitude for the safe return of a number of employees, and in memory of those who did not return. The site was opened on October 12th, 1920.
- Bury St Edmunds
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)