The Grange has the extensive below-ground remains of an 18th-century manor house and older grounds including a dovecote, fishponds and several enclosures.
The manor house was taken down in the 18th century. The earthworks may be remains of a farmstead of the medieval Burto Abbey.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is accessible at all times by public footpath.
Fishpond, Earthwork, Dovecote
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is accessible at all times by public footpath.
DirectionsThe site is on the Lee road running north-west out of Quainton.
- 18th Century
- 'Parishes : Quanton with Shipton Lee', A History of the County of Buckingham: Volume 4 (1927), pp. 92-99Victoria County History: Buckingham, Volume 4